Examinations are an important part of school life, which happen throughout the school year.
Following consultation, Ofqual and JCQ have announced a series of adaptations for the summer 2022 examinations, which are summarised below.
- students taking GCSEs in English literature, history and geography will not need to cover the usual range of content in the exams – the exam boards have published information on their websites on how this will work for each of their specifications in these subjects.
- students taking GCSEs in all other subjects will be given advance information about the focus of the content of the exams to support their revision
- students taking AS and A levels will be given advance information about the focus of the content of the exams to support their revision
- students taking GCSE mathematics will be given in their exams copies of formulae they would in other years have to memorise
- students taking GCSE physics and combined science will be given in their exams a sheet covering all the equations they might need to apply in the exams
The advance information for GCSE and AS and A levels will be published no later than 7 February 2022.
Please also find a presentation with further information for Year 11:
Examination Results – Summer 2022
- Thursday 18 August 2022: AS, A Levels and vocational Level 3 qualifications
- Thursday 25 August 2022: GCSEs and vocational Level 1/2 qualifications