Lady Manners School is more than 300 years old and has been based at the current Shutts Lane site at the top of Bakewell since 1936. As is appropriate for a school in our situation we aim to make the most of the strengths that are shaped by traditional values and we are active in preparing for the future.
The school is fortunate to be custodian of a stunning site on the edge of the old market town of Bakewell. We have a responsibility to develop the school in such a way as to ensure the best possible education for the young people of Bakewell and the surrounding areas, as well as being an active and positive part of the local community.
We are continually developing the school site and our excellent premises team are fully occupied with year round maintenance and improvements. Developments are planned carefully to ensure the best possible outcome for our students and the community in which they live. Works during the last three years have included:
- installation of electronic skylights in the humanities classrooms to increase ventilation and improve temperature control
- installation of external LED lighting to improve access after dark
- LED Lighting upgrade to classrooms
- Classroom refurbishments
- Toilet block refurbishments
- Window replacements
- improvements to signage around the site
- another refurbished science laboratory (2022)