We are proud of our Catering Department all of whom work hard to provide students with healthy and tasty meals every day.
- Our catering staff are all trained in food safety and hygiene and we are proud to hold a five star food hygiene rating.
- The main meals, desserts and sandwiches are made freshly each day on the premises.
- Our gold membership of the Heart of Derbyshire scheme means we make healthier food choices available by offering pledges on the fat, salt, sugar, vegetable, fruit, wholegrain and allergen content; and portion sizes of our meals.
- The school does not use peanuts in any of its menu items. We are fully compliant with the allergen labelling laws which came in to effect from 1st October 2021. Further details about allergens are found here: https://www.food.gov.uk/business-guidance/introduction-to-allergen-labelling-changes-ppds or do not hesitate to contact our catering team if you have any queries.
- We are here to help students find the meal they want wherever possible: and, as we have three separate kitchens, we can always find a tasty meal when asked.
- The majority of our suppliers are reputable local businesses
- We consider the environment in our catering provision, using plastic free, biodegradable sandwich boxes, compostable pasta pots and recycle or re-use containers wherever possible.
- The catering department is self-financing – the very reasonably priced meals generate the income necessary for all costs including salaries and utilities
- Our friendly catering team are always happy to help students with any queries they may have.
Paying for School Meals
The school uses ‘WisePay’ to enable parents and staff to make secure online payments for school meals, and other items, using a debit or credit card. Further information about how WisePay works is available on our ‘Payments to School‘ page.
A daily limit of £4.55 is set for students in Years 7-11, and £6.70 for those in Years 12-13. This is a daily limit and includes any items purchased during morning break. Parents may contact the school if they wish their child to have a different limit.
Snacks available to purchase at morning break include cereal bars and fresh fruit. There are meals available every lunchtime for £3 or less. Please follow the link below for some examples:
We ask that students and parents ensure that funds are available in their WisePay accounts in advance to pay for meals. To assist with this, an email reminder is sent to parents of students whose accounts contain less than £3.00.
How To Reset Your WisePay Password: downloadable step by step guide.
Free School Meals
Did you know that just by registering your children for Free School Meals, in addition to gaining the support yourself, the school will receive money which can then be used to help the students? Click here for more information.