Year 9 students and their parents are now thinking about what subjects they will study in Key Stage 4 (Upper School). These are important choices and there is a range of information available to help.
- Monday 16 January: Guided Choices Information Evening
- Thursday 26 January: Guided Choice request forms given to students with Year 9 Tracking Summary Reports
- Thursday 9 February: Deadline for return of Guided Choice request forms
- Summer Term: Students and parents informed of curriculum arrangements for Year 10.
Choices to be made
Students must choose one GCSE (EBacc) subject from:
Students then choose five subjects - three plus two reserves - from (GCSE unless stated otherwise):
- Art and Design
- Business Studies
- Business (BTEC First Award)
- Computer Science
- Construction (BTEC First Award)
- Design and Technology
- Engineering (BTEC First Award)
- Food and Nutrition
- ICT (CiDA)
- Materials Technology (AQA Technical Award)
- Sports Studies
- Textiles Design
- Triple Science
- Additional curriculum support (non-examined)
In addition, students will all study the following core examination subjects:
- English Language and English Literature
- Combined Science
- Religious Studies
They will also take Physical Education and PSHE/Citizenship/Careers as non-examination subjects.
Availability of help
- For students and parents: Guided Choices Information Evening (Monday 16 January, 6.00 – 8.00pm)
- For students: Introduction to 'Fast Tomato', work on decision making skills and opportunities for questions to be answered (during January)
- For students: Presentations in assembly by teachers of subjects not available during Years 7-9 (Wednesday 25 January)
- For students: Careers staff are available at any time in school to provide help and guidance
More information, including full details of each of the courses being offered, is available by downloading the ‘Key Stage 4 Curriculum Guide 2017-19’.
The presentation made to parents during the Guided Choices Information Evening is available to download by clicking here.
If you have queries please contact Mrs Dobson (Head of Upper School) or Mr Moore (Deputy Head) by phone on 01629 812671 or by email at email@example.com