1½ Points Give Glossop Sports Day Victory
A break in the heat on Tuesday resulted in the perfect conditions for the 2017 Sports Day. The conditions obviously suited Glossop house, who brought an end to Taylor’s reign with a 1½ point victory over runners up, Barker.
The house competition was fierce throughout the day with only 63 points eventually separating all of the houses:
1st: Glossop (866.5 points)
2nd: Barker (865 points)
3rd: Taylor (846 points)
4th: Cockerton (803.5 points)
A Record Breaking Year
The day saw a plethora of school records set. Particular congratulations go to Joseph Currie for setting two records (in the Year 8 Boys 800m and 1500m). Also to Emma Botham who, not content with already holding the Girls Discus record for every school year except Year 8, broke her own Open Girls Discus record with a throw of 39.81m.
Records tumbled in the 300m, an event which was introduced to sports day in 2015. 2017 saw five of the inaugural records broken.
Well done to all of our record breakers:
- Paul Kerry – Year 9 Boys 300m (41.48sec)
- Jacob Barrass – Year 8 Boys 300m (44.52sec)
- Olivia Wortley – Year 10 Girls 300m (48.60sec)
- Kassy Peat – Year 9 Girls 300m (47.89sec)
- Poppy Carson – Yea 8 Girls 300m (53.28sec)
- Joseph Currie – Year 8 Boys 800m (2.19min)
- Joseph Currie – Year 8 Boys 1500m (4.49.19min)
- Elizabeth Webster – Year 9 Girls 1500m (5.16.00min)
- Joshua Young – Year 10 Boys Triple Jump (12.25m)
- Emma Botham – Open Girls Discus (39.81m)
- Cameron Cliff – Year 7 Boys Javelin (29.30m)
A full list of school athletic records is available to download here.
Well done to our record breakers, winners and all the competitors on the day, who gave their all and gave us a fantastic day of sport.