At Lady Manners School we believe that having an understanding of how parents feel about their children's life at school is vital for our ongoing programme of improvements. For this reason, we encourage parents to let us have their feedback by completing a questionnaire when they attend parents' evenings.
When Ofsted inspect a school they take into account the views of parents when making their judgements. They do this through use of a similar online survey called 'Parent View'.
Both the school questionnaires and the Ofsted 'Parent View' ask for parents' opinions on aspects of Lady Manners School, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour.
How do parents have their say?
We encourage all parents of children at Lady Manners School to complete a questionnaire. This can be done in one (or both) of two ways:
- Log on to the Ofsted 'Parent View' website and follow the instructions. Please note that these responses are collected by Ofsted and not included in the analysis on this page.
- Look out for a 'Parent View' form at your next Parents' Evening to complete and return.
What you told us
During the 2016-17 school year, 252 parents across all year groups so far have taken the time to complete our questionnaire. You can view the results below by clicking on the relevant aspect:
My child is happy at this school
My child feels safe at this school
My child makes good progress at this school
My child is well looked after at this school
My child is taught well at this school
My child receives appropriate homework for their age
This school makes sure its pupils are well behaved
This school deals effectively with bullying
This school is well led and managed
This school responds well to any concerns I raise
I receive valuable information from the school about my child's progress
The school provides worthwhile extra-curricular opportunities
The school emphasises the importance of respect, traditions and standards
Feedback from teachers (including marking) helps my child to improve
Would you recommend this school to another parent?
What are we doing about it?
The responses are very positive overall. Where there are slightly more 'Disagree' or 'Don't know' responses, we are working on those areas. For example:
- We continue to promote our anti-bullying work so that more parents know about it, especially in the area of online bullying. This area is a prime focus for us this year.
- We are working to ensure a quick, effective and consistent response to any concern raised.
- We have worked on a new homework timetable, which ensures that all years receive appropriate homework for their age, and that parents are kept informed.
We continue to work hard in all other areas too. Any further feedback is always welcome.